TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prayers Needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:09 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Prayers Needed Reply with quote

Family and Friends:

Sarah, our daughter, was trampled by her horse yesterday while she was taking care of his infected hoof. Apparently, the horse was spooked when she was bent over about to put a new dressing on. She was struck in the head and knocked unconscious, falling under the legs and was trampled upon. Her injuries were a concussion, facial lacerations requiring about 50 stitches, a fractured skull at the frontal sinus thereby not entering the brain cavity, a retinal contusion (she can still see well), neck bruises, fractured left 7th, 8th and 9th ribs, lacerated spleen and bruised pancreas. She was unconscious for several minutes and she has memory loss of what happened with the accident and for about the first 30 minutes afterwards. Today, Sarah is conscious, talking and smiling but much like Popeye, she only hurts when she laughs, which actually is a good thing as I have seldom been ever to get her to laugh at my jokes. Her blood count has stabilized and her pancreatic enzymes have normalized indicating her spleen and pancreas injuries are stabilizing. She is hospitalized at Columbus Children’s Hospital in Ohio where I am doing my training program in Pulmonary Medicine. The surgeons who are caring for here are excellent.

Please keep Sarah in your prayers. The next two weeks are going to be critical to her recovery. If you know a family member or who would like to know and pray for Sarah, please pass this information on.

Thank you for your prayers.
Jordan
100+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:49 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have our prayers for you and your family.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:43 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping she is back home soon.

Hope you don't mind, I posted it over on Mojo.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:12 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers are with you and your family. Sarah has been added to my mother's extensive prayer chain.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:04 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family and Friends:

Sarah is doing better today. The doctors are letting her eat. She still is on strict bedrest, but her spirit is good. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Thank you, truly!
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:23 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah - a very speedy recovery!
s
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:58 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Sarah's Latest Update Reply with quote

8/9/2004 4PM

Family and Friends:

Sarah is in good spirits today. It hurts for her to breath deep. She has
been running fevers for the last 24 hours and they are checking a Chest
X-ray to look for signs of developing pneumonia. She is still on strict
bed rest. They plan on trying to get her up tomorrow. Please keep her in
your prayers. She was happy to learn that folks are thinking of her and praying for her.

Thank you for your continued prayers,
k1speed
New

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:04 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,

We wish Sarah and your family all the best... Hope she gets well soon.

Kevin & Rachel Koen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:07 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our prayers are with you. It was my 8 year old that crashed at Waco last year and for a while we didn't know if he was paralyzed or what. The scars on his face that we were sure would mark him for life are barely visible and last weekend, he was the only 10 and under that raced the 9 mile, 3200 feet of climbing course at Snowmass. Just like us, It sounds like she is recovering faster than the parents. These kids are tough but I wish they would quit reminding us to hug them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:11 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 8 year old above, remembers hitting the handlebars and then nothing else for the next hour. He never regained memory of that hour and we are thankful for it.
the toninator
250+

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:56 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for your daughter.

Tony DeOre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:26 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your daughter will be in our thoughts and prayers. We hope for a speedy recovery.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:10 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Sarah's Latest Update Reply with quote

Unfortunately, four days of mandatory bed rest due to the spleen laceration, combined with the three broken ribs made for a perfect set up for pneumonia in Sarah. She has had 3 days of fever and a repeat chest X-Ray yesterday afternoon showed she had developed a pneumonia. IV antibiotics have been started.

Sarah is in good spirits today, though she was disappointed about not being able to go home yesterday. Once the fever breaks for 24 hours, she can go home.

Thank you for your continued prayers. Sarah has really been uplifted by the support she has received from every one all over.

God Bless You All.
Mutha
250+

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:00 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,

Sarah and your family have been in my thoughts. I wish her a full and speedy recovery and hope she gets back up on a horse after she's all healed up.

thanks for keeping us posted.

Cynthia Stewart
________
Mercedes-Benz 430 specifications

Last edited by Mutha on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:17 am GMT +0000; edited 1 time in total
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:35 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family and Friends:

First of all thank you for your prayers and support poured out for Sarah. She is doing better. Today she was discharged from the hospital. She will complete a course of antibiotics for the pneumonia. Her activity has to be restricted for the next two months: no bike or horse riding. Sad Considering the severity of her injuries we are grateful that she can come home today and resume her normal life in the next couple of months.

Thank you all again for all your prayers and support. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: