TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

amp b4 help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:40 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: amp b4 help Reply with quote

I got a amp b4 frame nearly built. yet I have a small problem. my brake boss on the rear broke where the spring adjustment is. can you help. amp says they no longer offer the part. Sad
thanx
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:07 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I read an article in Mountain Bike Action about a company that repairs alluminum frames that temperature treats them. Unfortunately, I gave my copy of that article to a friend who also had an AMP frame that broke. Check with Mountain Bike Action and see if they can get you the name of the company. On my Google web search under "aluminum bicycle frame repair" I came upon this shop http://www.yellowjersey.org/index.html that does aluminum bicycle frame repair. Consider the cost. You may well be able to get an new frame for just a little more than the cost of the repair.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:23 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not really a frame problem per say. it;s the clamp on part to attach the rear brakes to. it's a clamp on part to the frame. it's not welded on like so many bikes. amp said that I could swap to read rockshox disk but still very pricey option.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:52 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I know what you are referring to now. The AMP B4 frames used a clamp on brace to strengthen the seat stays to prevent brake flex from occuring with V and cantilever brakes. See if you have a custom metal/machine shop in your area. You may be able to get them to custom make one for you. I have an old American MTB frame that needed a new deraillure hanger. The company went belly up so I could not get any from the company but I got several custom made for me by a machine shop.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: