TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Benefits of Endurox Excel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:28 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Benefits of Endurox Excel? Reply with quote

Dear Bike Doc,

Do you know anything about the benefits of Endurox Excel? I have read conflicting arguments about the benefits of it.

I currently use Accelerade and I am waiting for my Endurox R4 to come in as a recovery drink. Would there be any benefits of using Endurox Excel?

Additionally, do you know any information about “ciwujia” the major component of Endurox Excel?

Thanks
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:06 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ciwujia" is a fancy name for GINSENG, SIBERIAN

I will quote directly from Natural Medicine Comprehensive Data Base 2004 Edition (This resource has pharmacist, nutritionist and physicians reviewing all current medical, pharmaceutical, nutritional journals on research published regarding natural compounds. They seek to illuminate benificial compounds and debunk the non-benificial compounds. www.naturaldatabase.com )

"POSSIBLY INEFFECTIVE
Athletic performance. Taking Siberian ginseng orally doesn't seem to increase speed, quality, and capacity for physical work. A specific Siberian ginseng root liquid extract standardized to eleutherosides B and E content 3.4 mL daily doesn't seem to have any effect on endurance; performance; or psychological, cardiac, or respiratory parameters in trained distance runners (7522,7593). In trained endurance cyclists, Siberian ginseng 1200 mg per day (Endurox) doesn't seem to have any effect on glycogen, fat utilization, or cycling performance time (2335). It also doesn't seem to improve respiration; reduce lactate production; or hasten heart rate recovery during stair-stepping exercise, treadmill, or cyclic ergometry"

It sounds like a bunch of smoke and mirrors to me.

The important thing about recovery is to eat a good source of complex carbohydrates and protein within thirty minutes of ending your workout or competition. A whole wheat bagel with some peanut butter, cheeze or lean cold cuts would do just fine. Add in a conventional sport drink or good old fashion V-8 or tomatoe juice to get extra sodium and potassium and you should do just fine. Make sure you drink plenty of water as well with this to help replace any lost fluid. One of the keys of recovery is not to get behind on your hydration while working out or competing. A conventional sport drink such as Gatorade can serve you well for this.

Thanks,[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: