TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nasty virus and riding....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannybaggett
New

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:29 am GMT +0000    Post subject: nasty virus and riding.... Reply with quote

hey doc....i have caught <hopefully> a 24 hour bug....no fever, but , um putting this eloquently, i have to be quick to go from barfing to pooping Embarassed, i haven't had to barf for about 6 hours now but the other still affects me....how many days should i wait to get back on the bike after this is over? till i feel 100% better, or is there a time table....i have my base miles up there, and am gonna start doing a century a month, with a couple of back to backs this summer and i don't want to screw myself up where i don't feel good on the back.....
thanks for all you do doc nolan,...danny

ps i set a new max heart rate the other day of 229 bpm Shocked, but recovered nicely once i got to the top of the climb and settled down....not i gotta re-adjust my heart rate moniter figures......see ya doc.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:54 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannybaggett:

Give yourself time to completely recover. You likely have experienced some dehydration with this illness. Getting back on the bike too soon or doing other activities that can make you sweat alot will make your more prone to dehydration injury. Give yourself one to two weeks to fully recover before any hard, long efforts. Keep pumping the fluids and electrolytes to replace what you've donated to the sanitation department.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: