TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post subject: Post race

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CR66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:02 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Post subject: Post race Reply with quote

This is not from me but copied from somebody else on another Forum, any thoughts on this? Maybe I can pass your advise on!

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:52 pm Post subject: Post race sickness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see anything listed about post-race sickness so I'd like to ask if anyone experiences this to the severity that I do. I believe it has to do with what I'm eating or what I'm not eating, but about 2-3 hours post-race I have the worst "hangover" of my life. Every XTERRA race so far.
Horrible headache and stomach ache to the point that I am laid out, not going anywhere, and can't even really eat anything I'm so ill. The first hour or 2 afterwords I just feel tired and then it sets in. The biggest bummer here is that I can never participate in post race parties or festivities.
I drink plenty of water and always carry a sports drink on the bike. I also take about 6 Gu packs throughout the whole race. I eat a balanced dinner and breakfast but they just don't seem to work. I'd love to hear that someone else experiences this or better yet has a solution.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:23 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR66:

Refer your poster to this forum. It is bad form to pass on advise third hand. Let him or her get it straight from The Bike Doc. I do not mind referrals from other forums. This will also allow him or her to answer questions that I may pose to better sort out the symptoms and point him or her in the right direction for the solution.

Thanks,
CR66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:38 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Will do! or maybe you can post there???
http://www.xterrachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=1016#1016
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:22 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR66:

I really want to build this site as I am a big supporter of TMBRA. I am pushing the limits on my time constraints so I keep my web surfing to a choice few sites.

Thanks,
CR66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:36 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: