TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoulder Injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murkona
100+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:29 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Shoulder Injury Reply with quote

Picture this: I was in the parking lot of comfort a couple weeks ago attempting to ride a wheelie. No sooner do I pop up the front wheel I'm flat on my back still in my pedals. I landed slightly to my right side and struck the ground with my elbow, which ended up with a pointy bruise on the bone tip. That healed, but the injury occured in my shoulder. The same day I continued on with the ride and the shoulder still worked ok unless I stood up and leaned forward. In this position I found my shoulder completely collapsing me forward either from the extreme sharp pain or for some unknown reason (your professional asessment) it stopped supporting my forward weight. It still hurts when I move it forward and up. Also, there is a slight pop, but no crunching or grinding. I plan to get it looked at by an orthopedic doc and am wondering if an MRI is the best method for discovery.

Thanks
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:00 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murkona:

The mechanism of injury sugest you did some damage to the rotator cuff area, possibly tearing some of the surrounding tendons and ligaments that stabilize the glenohumoral (shoulder) joint. Do see an orthopedic doctor. MRIs can be quite helpful in defining the extent of the injury and planning therapy.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: