TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

edit: fatigue during ride, not diabetic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:30 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: edit: fatigue during ride, not diabetic Reply with quote

I seem to get tired quickly during ride. I eat 2hrs before ride. The meal consist of lots of meat, rice, vegetable. I am currently prescribed anti depressant drug, Effexsor 300mg. It does cause fatigue but not the type of fatigue equivalent of bonking out during ride. I almost fainted. I had to sit down. It was not dehydration. I always carry 3 1/2 liters of water. I had to eat a sandwich to get energy.

I am not a diabetic. I test for blood sugar at family GP. He said my sugar level is ok. I actually lost a few lbs of weight this year despite that I eat healthy food. I don't have any worms problem. My body weight now is 127lbs. I used to weight 130lbs.
I don't know what is going on. My doc doesn't know either. Should I take supplement like Creatine to gain muscles and have more energy. I have been drinking 2% skim milk mix with PRO RX drink supplement. It suppose to help me gain weight. I haven't seen any positive results.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:54 pm GMT +0000; edited 1 time in total
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:19 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard:

Your symptoms may be due to low blood sugar. Exercise causes the muscles to take up glucose and can cause falling blood sugars in those who have diabetes and take medications to lower the blood sugar. Talk with your doctor more about your symptoms and if possible take a portable glucose meter on your next ride to check your sugar when your symptoms develop. Unfortunately, checking your sugar when you are in the doctor's office will not reflect what is happening to your sugar when you are working out.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: