TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

knee sounds like rice krispies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:38 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: knee sounds like rice krispies Reply with quote

Some time when I squat down my knees sound like rice krispies. No pain, and that is just with my bodyweight on my knees. I do not have Knee problems What is this? Does any body else have this problem?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:09 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup...
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:13 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpetrini:

Crepitus (Rice Crispies Crunch) sensations in the knees may be completely benign or may be associated with underlying knee pathology. You may have heard the term chondromalacia, which refers to degeneration of the knee cartiledge; it is often associated with crepitus in the knee. However, not all crepitus in the knee is associated with knee chondromalacia. The key issue of concern with knee crepitus is if there is pain or functional limitation such as locking of the knee or instablity of the knee joint. As you are not having any other symptoms, it is likely not serious. However, if you find you are developing knee pain, limitation of range of motion or are having any concerns, see an Orthopedic Doctor for further evaluation. Also for preservation of your knee cartiledge avoid deep knee bends and deep squats. Limit your bends and squats to no more than 90 degrees of flexion (bending) at the knees.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:57 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought it was my bike.... I tore everything apart trying to locate the creaky noise...... nothing would fix it, it just got worse and worse..... finally found the source.... my knee....Thought I would record it to share.....

<EMBED SRC="http://users3.ev1.net/~tommcm/sites/knee.aif"LOOP=3 VOLUME=100 PANEL="TRUE" HEIGHT=20 WIDTH=100 AUTOPLAY="TRUE">

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:59 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
At first I thought it was my bike.... I tore everything apart trying to locate the creaky noise...... nothing would fix it, it just got worse and worse..... finally found the source.... my knee....Thought I would record it to share.....

<EMBED SRC="http://users3.ev1.net/~tommcm/sites/knee.aif"LOOP=3 VOLUME=100 PANEL="TRUE" HEIGHT=20 WIDTH=100 AUTOPLAY="TRUE">

Delete Delete.....can't edit to fix.... sorry....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: