TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

possible knee injury question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennibw
New

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:13 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: possible knee injury question Reply with quote

HI Doc,

On my New Year's Day ride, I did an endo where I did a face plant & then my knees hit the ground. It felt ilke my patellas took the brunt of the hit, but the small amt. of bruising that appeared has been mainly superior along with directly on top of my patellas. I've still got an ~1"x2" firmness superior to my patella that in the last 24hrs is starting to get some feeling back into it. While sitting down & putting my elbow on that firmness out of the blue yesterday, it shot a thin burning sensation around the lateral aspect of my patella, but did not go on down my leg. I was able to get the same sensation 2 more times while trying to make sure it wasn't just some ka-wink-y-dink. I'm still able to do it today as well. I can walk fine & I have no pain when riding. Anything I should be doing or watching out for?

Thanks!

D.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:09 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

dennibw:

I suspect you not only bruised the area above the patella, you nailed one of the cutaneous nerves that provides sensation to the lateral area of the patella. Ace wrapping to keep the swelling down, warm soaks a couple of time a day to speed the reabsoption of the edema fluid and a tincture of time should lead to improvement. If you get any increasing redness, worsening swelling, increasing pain, local warmth or fever, seek a medical evaluation as you may have developed some post traumatic septic (infectious) arthritis.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: