TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pain in my right hand index finger joint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:21 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Pain in my right hand index finger joint Reply with quote

Doc:

After my Saturday ride i stared feeling some pain at the base joint of my right hand index finger. Would this be some "normal" after using the bike brakes?

This is really strange I had a really easy riding ( I rode with a friend who is restaring after 5 years, so you can imagine he is out of shape).

I haven't hit or thorn my finger in anyway. A collegue at my office commented me it could early sympthoms of arthritis. I am 37, so it sounds extrange.

What do you think?

(sorry about my english, but it is not my primarly language)

Thanks
AT Confused
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:18 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

atamariz:

It is possible you could be developing some arthritis to the the right hand index joint. If you had any trauma to the hand in the distant past or have done work that required heavy usage of the hands and you are right handed, this could set you up for early arthritis to the hand. Other things to think about are a local inflamation to the joint or tendon from repeated use either from work or bicycling related activities. Visit with your physician if the symptoms worsen or persist.

(By the way, if you ask anyone from Great Brittan, English is not a the primary language for Americans either.) Wink

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: