TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOt bike related

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:22 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: NOt bike related Reply with quote

Hello Doc or anyone else that would like to input,

You have answered some related health questions in the past for me so I have one more for you.

I want to be circumcised, partly due to a few health problems I have had in the past, but mostly for cosmetic purposes. Do you know of any Drs, in the Houston area or within reasonable driving distance that can perform this procedure. I saw a urolgist in Houston a while back about this and her said it wasn't needed and he would not help me.

I have made my mind up that I want this done and have done alot of research on the topic. I have located a plastic surgeonDr in Atlanta Georgia that will perform the procedure but I would rather go somewhere more local. I am aware my insurance will most likely not cover the procdure. Any help or suggestions from anyone is much appreciated.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:35 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al:

You are asking a dcotor who does not recommend circumsion for non-medical or non-religious reasons. The official position statement of the American Acadamy of Pediatrics is not to endorse the performing of circumcisions of infants for non-medical or non-religious reasons. The published data does not support the routine performance of circumcision for non-medical reasons. Circumcision is a surgical opperation that has potential risks, even though they are small. Statitics offer no comfort if you are one of the rare individuals who has a surgical complication. If you are set upon getting one and are willing to accept the risks, then most urologist can perform this procedure so you may wish to seek an alternate urologist.

Now to keep things on the lighter side:

Two 12 year old boys were in the pre-opperative holding room. First boy asks the second boy, "What are you hear for?"
Second boy responds, "I'm getting my tonsils out. What are you here for?"
First boy replys, "I'm getting circumsized."
Second boy returns, "Oh, you don't want to do that. I had that done when I was a baby and I couldn't walk for a year!"

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: