TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's fall, so I must be hurt again...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDK
100+

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 am GMT +0000    Post subject: It's fall, so I must be hurt again... Reply with quote

Dino Valley got me again. Rode it a few weeks ago and ended up falling on my hip when I couldn't unclip. I was twisting like hell but the cleat just would not disengage. Fell on the hip while I was twisting and felt a sharp pain high, front of the leg right at that crease into the groin. Thought I'd hurt something bad and laid on the trail for several minutes not wanting to move the leg. The pain kind of just eased away after about 10 minutes and I went on my way no further problems.

It usually doesn't bother me with day to day stuff or riding but twisting movements or quick movements bring on a sharp as hell pain that literrally brings me to my knees. It quickly subsides in intensity (under 5 minutes) but it a dull ache lingers for another 30 minutes or so.

Any ideas what this one is? Riding is okay on it, but I do still have to be careful unclipping and the thought of trying to do an unclip and quick save with that leg scares the crap out of me.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:22 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDK:

The twisting mechanism of injury could have torn a ligament in the hipjoint, possibly a tendon could have pulled off a chip of bone. I recommend an evaluation by an Orthopedic doctor. You may not require anything more than rest and physical therapy. However, the fact that it is still hurting a few weeks later gives me reason to caution you and recommend an evaluation.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: