TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PRJT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian
250+

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:39 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: PRJT Reply with quote

What do you know about paroxysmal reciprocating junctional tachycardia (PRJT)? I eamiled you years ago my exercised induced tachycardia in which I would hit 230s-240's. This is why I stopped racing. I went in & had an EP study on the 20th. While on the table we found out I had arythmias all the time. One moment my HR was in the 60s & then the next 120s-140s. They did find the 5th node & where able to ablate it.

Catherine Moore
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:39 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine:

I remember your post from a few years ago. Paroxysmal reciprocating junctional tachycardia (PRJT) is sudden, adnormal elevation of the heart rate due to an abnormal area of conduction or electrical stimulation of the heart. It is managed in the acute setting with medication that disrupt, slow or block the abnormal conduction or stimulation to the heart. If the origin of the abnormal heart rate can be identified, as was the case with you, the area is selectively destroyed (ablated) to control the abnormal electrical activity. Visit with your cardiologist about returning to increased physical activity. You may likely need to undergo an exercise stress test to determin whether or not there is any persisting abnormal heart beats. With the exercise stress test information, then your cardiologist can prescribe an exercise rehabilitation program for you and we may be able to see you at the races again.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: