TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:45 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome Reply with quote

Hey doc~
I found out about 2 weeks ago that i have Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome and i have two choices, surgery or drug therapy. I'm going to have the surgery done soon(hopefully). When i asked the cardiologist wether i could ride or not he said no running, biking, or heavy weight lifting. Is there anything I can do to stay in shape?? Without exercise I'm going nuts!!!!! if you can think of anything please let me know.

Sitting at home,
Kyle Anest
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:35 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle:

You, likely, can do brisk walking, easy pedalling of your bike on a trainer or non-strenous swimming. The key is not getting your heart rate up. Ask your cardiologist what maximum heart rate would be safe for you until you have your problem corrected. Do get a heart rate monitor so you can keep tabs on your heart rate while exercising. There are several models that are waterproof, some that will let you set a high and low limit alarms that will beep if you exceed the limits.

If you have not yet been placed on medications talk to your cardiologist about medications that you can take while waiting to have the invasive intervention. You may be able to get some medical control which may allow you to exercise more safely while waiting for your interventional procedure.

I hope for your successful interventions.

Thanks,
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:40 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks doc for the quick response. Things have definitly been toned down for me. I'm talking to a surgon tomorrow so hopefully i can be back up to speed very very soon!!!

~Kyle Anest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: