TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoulder pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMXspears
New

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:41 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Shoulder pain Reply with quote

For as long as I've been riding, on really long rides my right shoulder, like in between my scapula and spine, starts to hurt a bit.

During the race at Huntsville after like an hour it hurt like normal, and afterwards it wasn't sore anymore, but my shoulder felt "weird" (no pain) in certain places and has since then.

I rode a 40 min crit tues and then did an hour of off road and had no pain.

I went on a two hour road ride this morning and it was bothering me pretty bad, and I could make it hurt worse by looking different directions.

Any ideas?
racer99
100+

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:45 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOn't let ICU hug you so much.
BMXspears
New

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:06 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

racer99 wrote:
DOn't let ICU hug you so much.

I wish he'd hug me more. Crying or Very sad
Andrew
250+

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:58 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it has something to do with those narrow bars...
BMXspears
New

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:53 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with those narrow bars...

Laughing

Heard it, I've been riding those bars for over a year. But I'm glad you know who I am!
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:13 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMXspears:

Your pain could be due to muscle tension or spasms, possibly a pinched nerve. You may benefit from an evaluation by a Sports Medicine Physician and a Physical Therapist to sort the problems out. It is possible though you have been riding your narrow bars for years, that your back and shoulders may need to go with a wider set of bars and possibly some bar ends to allow you alternate positions to relieve the stress. Your body may not be quite as limber as when you were a younger rider. I know I had to do some adjustments on my bike as the years have gained on me. You may also benefit from some regular stretching exercises for your back and shoulder muscles. This is where the Physical Therapist evaluation could be of great benefit to see if there are some specific muscle groups that would benefit from some therapies and stretches.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: