TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recovery from back surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KEVIN48
New

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:02 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Recovery from back surgery Reply with quote

Doc,
Hi, looks like I'm going under the knife next Tues. I was really looking forward to this spring season. I'm having a microdiskectomy/laminectomy on L5-S1. This will be my second. The first was in 1992 on the right side. I'm not sure what caused this one. Seemed liked all the tingling started while taking the Levaquin. My left leg is totally numb behind my left knee to about 50%down my calve and 70% on bottom of foot to the last 2 toes.

Do you know the recovery time for a microdiskectomy L5-S1 left side?

Thanks, Kevin D.
________
Toluca Car Assembly

Last edited by KEVIN48 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 am GMT +0000; edited 1 time in total
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:13 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin:

It is best to direct this question speceifically to your orthopedic surgeon. Ask about staged recovory, starting with stationary bike, then road biking then off road biking. You should follow his or her' advice to avoid injury.

Thanks,
KEVIN48
New

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:39 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your time.
Kevin
________
VN1500R

Last edited by KEVIN48 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 am GMT +0000; edited 1 time in total
Green92
New

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:11 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks Kevin. Good luck with everything.

Matt
KEVIN48
New

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:24 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had surgery 1-20-2009 and everything went well. I was up walking up and down the street the next day. Things are are improving slowly but surely. Thanks Matt for your concerns and sorry you won't be able to kick my _ _ _ again this spring Sad Look forward to riding soon!

Kevin Dierschke
________
ipad guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: