TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double Vision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoffrey Rogers
250+

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:56 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Double Vision Reply with quote

I currently have double vision cause by the muscle in my left eye not keeping it in sync with the right eye. I am schedule to get my face CT scan to see if their are any fractures that could cause this. My question what are my options and things I should ask my Opthalmologist?

Overall I doing extreme well after getting hit by a pickup 6 weeks ago.

cheers
Geoffrey
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey:

First of all, I am grateful you survived your encounter of the vehicular kind. I pray for you continued recovery.

Do have the CT of the facial and orbital bones. Dipplopia (double vision) after head trauma can be due to an entrapped muscle in a fractured bone about the orbit (eye ball). If this is the case, an Ophthalmologist evaluation is in order. If there are no signs of fractures, I still recommend an Ophthalmalogist evaluation to look for other causes of your diplopia.

Thanks,
Geoffrey Rogers
250+

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:32 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bike Doc wrote:
Geoffrey:

First of all, I am grateful you survived your encounter of the vehicular kind. I pray for you continued recovery.

You are not the only one Very Happy

The Bike Doc wrote:

Do have the CT of the facial and orbital bones. Dipplopia (double vision) after head trauma can be due to an entrapped muscle in a fractured bone about the orbit (eye ball). If this is the case, an Ophthalmologist evaluation is in order. If there are no signs of fractures, I still recommend an Ophthalmalogist evaluation to look for other causes of your diplopia.

Thanks,

thanks for the explanations.

cheers
Geoffrey
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:54 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey:

Do you see one of me or two of me? What's the word from the Ophthalmologist? I continue to pray and hope for your full recovery.

Thanks,
Geoffrey Rogers
250+

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:59 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bike Doc wrote:
Geoffrey:

Do you see one of me or two of me? What's the word from the Ophthalmologist? I continue to pray and hope for your full recovery.

Thanks,

Doc,

I just got back from seeing the ophthalmologist this afternoon. The CT scan didn't show up anything of use. In the last four weeks my vision has change slightly (which way I think for the better). On a rough scale the double vision is about the same. I am staying with the same temporary prism on my left lens. I am following up with a neuro ophthalmologist in three weeks.

Overall my rehab is going great. Next Friday I get discharged from rehab and go back to work full-time on the 22nd.

cheers
Geoffrey
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:49 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey Rogers wrote:

Overall my rehab is going great. Next Friday I get discharged from rehab and go back to work full-time on the 22nd.

cheers
Geoffrey

Wonderful, Geoffrey!

Praise the Lord! Keep on Pedaling and we'll keep on praying!
Geoffrey Rogers
250+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:45 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,

I had surgery on Wednesday to correct my double vision. When the patch came off my eye the next day, I was able to see normally! My ophthalmologist says it usually take around two weeks for the muscles to settle after surgery.

cheers
Geoffrey
SPINNINCIN
TMBRA Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! This is wonderful news! Cindy
250+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:34 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praise the Lord, again!

Thanks for the update Geoffrey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: