TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mtn biking after back surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Mtn biking after back surgery Reply with quote

I am scheduled to have a laminectimy of a bulged and leaking disc. After surgery my disc will still be degenerated. I know I will be off the bike for quite a while but was not sure if mtn biking will be a wise decision to do or should I stick to just road biking to avoid reinjury. Thanks
stp200
TMBRA Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:44 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the surgery. i hope it helps your back and you get back to riding as soon as possible.

Demian
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:58 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goatman:

When you are cleared by your surgeon start off with a stationary recumbent bike to get you leg form back up. You likely will be allowed to do the stationary recumbent before you can do a stationary upright bike. Then go for the road riding first, a gain a recumbent wins here when it comes to not over stressing your back. Gradually work yourself back into shape and only when you are cleared by your surgeon should you return to the dirt. Full suspension is in your future if you are not already riding it on the dirt.

Thanks,
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I go in Monday I will keep upates on how it goes. Hope to be racing again by the time you get up to us old guys Demian.
stp200
TMBRA Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

I better start riding my bike then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: