TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pain in center of my chest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:40 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Pain in center of my chest Reply with quote

Doc,

I'm a little freaked out here. I've recently been getting a pain in the center of my chest(sternum area) about 4-5 hours after a hard work-out on the bike. (It's happend the last 2 times I've had a hard work-out which have been within the last week and a half) It's a sore muscle like feeling that is sometimes more pronounced than other's. For example, if I sneeze, I can really feel it. Other times it's just a slight sorness. Anyway, it usually subsides in 3-4 day's. I don't know if I'm having a heart issue or not. I'm not experiencing any pain or shortness of breath what so ever during my ride and I've checked my blood pressure and pulse about 3 hours after the ride and found it to be 110/65 and 72 respectivley. Also, I don't feel I'm pushing myself too much harder than I have in the past. Could it possibly be some type of bronchial infection or possibly even asthma(which I've never had an issue with in the past). I'm just really concerned because I've never had this type of issue before. FWIW, I'm 34 years of age.

What do you think?

Joe
Paul K. Nolan, MD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:11 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

HH X-man:

With the new onset of these symptoms, it would be wisest to seek an immediate medical evaluation. It is not safe to bet it just a muscle spasm and hope it is not your heart. Get an eval by your doctor muy pronto and lay off the trainer and strenuous physical activity until you are medically cleared.

Thanks,

Paul K. Nolan, MD
AKA The Bike Doc
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:40 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Doc,

Please check your PM's

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: