TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey what’s the name of the disease that you get from cow poo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the toninator
250+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:28 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Hey what’s the name of the disease that you get from cow poo Reply with quote

And what are the symptoms?
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:45 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonninator:

It's called Dipthus shittus. Those afflicted will experience extreme cravings for grass and a desire to bellow like a bull every time a cute heifer goes by on a bike. Another variant making the rounds in the press right now is called, Bovinus Insanus. Symptoms of Bovinus Insanus include delusions that all the heifers in the coral think you the hottest bull to mount a bicycle and that you really look good in lycra, tales of your latest bicycling accomplishment become progressively more grandiose and you begin to believe that you can beat Lance up le Alp de Hues. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should get an immediate evaluation by your family veterinarian. To avoid these maladies, you might want to consider carrying Listerine in your CamelBak. Laughing

Thanks,
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:15 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Doc! I think Tony's got the first one!
the toninator
250+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:31 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha although i think i can beat lance up the alp cuz i've got a better strength to weight ratio... Smile
anyhoo seriously I’ve been sick since a couple of days after the 12 hour race and don’t feel like I’m getter better, various stomach issues.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:58 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't eat Cow Poo
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:24 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toninator:

Now that I know you are being serious, you can get a certain parasitic infection called giardia from dirt or water contaminated from animal excretement (deer, cattle, sheep, elk, etc). Clinical manifestations in order of most frequent to least frequent include: diarrhea, general weakness and feeling run down, abdominal cramping and/or distention, nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss, vomiting, fever or constipation. The diagnosis is made by detecting the parasite or its antigens in a stool specimen. Treatment is with anti-parasitic agents such as Flagyl (metronidazole). Get to your doctor for an evaluation and be sure to let the doctor know you are worried about giardia so the appropriate tests can be done (don’t forget the necessary specimen!). You might want to wear a face mask at your next race.

Thanks,

Last edited by The Bike Doc on Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:17 pm GMT +0000; edited 1 time in total
the toninator
250+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:36 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for some reason i was thinking another name, yea that's it. thanks
and i still thought the first response was funny, just watch your back Very Happy
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:42 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you're thinking of Cryptosporidia? That's what I had after the Warda mudfest of 2001, or something very similar. Hit me about Wednesday after the race and lasted for a couple of weeks. Fun stuff let me tell ya.
the toninator
250+

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:35 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolling thunder wrote:
Maybe you're thinking of Cryptosporidia? That's what I had after the Warda mudfest of 2001, or something very similar. Hit me about Wednesday after the race and lasted for a couple of weeks. Fun stuff let me tell ya.

yea i think that's it. Anyhow i've ruled both out. Thanks
t
Schroeder
250+

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:43 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought that you had a "constipated" look about you Tony.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: