TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedernales Falls State Park trail building - Multiple days
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Texas Trail Workdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
criou
100+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:32 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Pedernales Falls State Park trail building - Multiple days Reply with quote

I am planning lots of trail building in anticipation of the March 1 GCW deadline.

Brad & a crew will be out there tomorrow (2/2) after the FCC ride. Probably around 1:30 pm staging at the old park entry pullout.

I will be building there Monday and Tuesday and perhaps Thursday or Friday. Meet at Park HQ at 10:30 am. Experienced Chainsaw operators needed.

February 9 we will have a large build day staging from the park entrance road pipeline crossing. http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikes-130/events/162790062/

I plan to build a couple times during the week and a day or two on weekends throughout February. http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikes-130/events/162790062/ CONTACT ME IF THERE IS A DAY YOU WANT TO BUILD. I will try to make it happen.

The goal would be to have all tree cutting done by March 1 and move on to tread work until it starts getting too hot. Hopefully by then, the trail we designed will be ready to ride.
criou
100+

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:09 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedernales Falls State Park TRAIL BUILDING

Calling three more build days this coming week, so there will be five total through next sunday.

Sunday 2/9 - 9:00 am
Wednesday 2/12 - 10:30 am
Thursday 2/13 - 9:00 am
Saturday 2/15 - 9:00 am
Sunday 2/16 - 9:00 am

Austin Ridge Riders trail building project to bring new trail at the park.

MEET AT start times listed at Park Headquarters. After meeting up, we will relocate to staging areas along the park entrance road. If you are running late, look for a bunch of cars parked along the park entrance road and listen for chainsaws.

NO TRAIL BUILDING EXPERIENCE NEEDED! Austin Ridge Riders will provide tools & guidance for volunteers, as well as a prize raffle after the work. Volunteers get into the park for free on trail building days.

If it's been a long time since you have built trail, or if you have never built trail, please give it a try. It's very rewarding to see a new trail take shape that many riders will enjoy for years to come.

If it's your first time building trail, you may be surprised how fun and rewarding it is to be part of building a trail that will be enjoyed by future riders for generations.

We will have a ton of corridor rough cut by then and will be able to open up miles of trail that day with enough people pitching in.

Wear sturdy shoes and bring gloves if you have them. We have extra gloves for those who need them. Bring your hydration pack or water jug to carry with you.

I am requesting camping arrangements from the park for Wednesday and Saturday nights.

If you are interested in camping, let me know.
criou
100+

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:46 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday posted on Meetup. Please RSVP here:
http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikes-130/events/calendar/?scroll=true
criou
100+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:27 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding a few more build days for next week. Same details as previous weeks days.

Here is the full list of upcoming BUILD DAYS:

Saturday 2/15 - 9:00 am
Sunday 2/16 - 9:00 am
Tuesday 2/18 - 10:30 am
Friday 2/21 - 10:30 am
Saturday 2/22 - 9:00 am

I can arrange camping for the nights of Saturday 2/15 and Friday 2/21.

MEET AT start times listed at Park Headquarters. After meeting up, we will relocate to staging areas along the park entrance road. If you are running late, look for a red Honda Fit parked along the park entrance road and listen for chainsaws to the east.
criou
100+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:53 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSVP for Saturday: http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikes-130/events/165662192/
criou
100+

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:31 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Pedernales Falls State Park TRAIL BUILDING LAST POWER DAYS Reply with quote

Pedernales Falls State Park TRAIL BUILDING LAST POWER DAYS

Wednesday February 26, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday February 27, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday February 28, 8:00 am -3:00 pm

Join us for the last build days we can use power equipment for the season.

For this week, I plan to build Wednesday-Friday and camp Wednesday and Friday nights. If I can get a spot in the regular camping loop, great, or it may be at the Equestrian camp. I plan to stage building from the pipeline near the Equestrian Camp and put priority on the section connecting the blue trail to the horse trail.

MEET AT THE EQUESTRIAN CAMP. Equestrian Camp is off CR 201 behind a gate that will be unlocked on build day (Shown on bottom of this map by a symbol of a horse with tent: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...4507_0026n.pdf) We will go over the build plan and take a short walk to the east through the woods to the proposed trail.

If you are running late, look for a red Honda Fit parked along the pipeline corridor near the equestrian camp. The trail is downhill from there.

Listen for a chainsaw and/or a leaf blower.

Austin Ridge Riders trail building project to bring new trail at the park.

NO TRAIL BUILDING EXPERIENCE NEEDED! Austin Ridge Riders will provide tools & guidance for volunteers, as well as a prize raffle after the work. Volunteers get into the park for free on trail building days.

If it's been a long time since you have built trail, or if you have never built trail, please give it a try. It's very rewarding to see a new trail take shape that many riders will enjoy for years to come.

If it's your first time building trail, you may be surprised how fun and rewarding it is to be part of building a trail that will be enjoyed by future riders for generations.

Wear sturdy shoes and bring gloves if you have them. We have extra gloves for those who need them. Bring your hydration pack or water jug to carry with you.

The staging area will be on a well worn doubletrack along the southern pipeline (labeled UTILITY ROW on the map) uphill and east of the label "Butler Creek" on the map: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...4507_0026n.pdf

The focus of the build will be near the label "Butler Creek" on the map: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...4507_0026n.pdf
criou
100+

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:37 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday's forecast is looking pretty dismal. May postpone one day.
criou
100+

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:21 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the crappy forecast for Wednesday, I am postponing going out to PFSP until Thursday.
criou
100+

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:44 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikes-130/events/167940092/
criou
100+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:37 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Next build day Reply with quote

Who's up for another build day April 8 or later?

Let me know and I will do my best to meet your scheduling request.

Lots of help is needed to build enough trail o host potential events this fall. Please help make the trail happen.
criou
100+

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:33 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Pedernales Falls State Park TRAIL BUILD & RIDE! April 9 Reply with quote

Pedernales Falls State Park TRAIL BUILD & RIDE!
April 9 & 10
EARN PAYDIRT! Bring your forms.
FREE CAMPING AVAILABLE Wednesday night. Contact Charlie if you are planning to camp.
Build and RIDE NEW TRAIL that Austin Ridge Riders is building at the park.
MEET AT THE EQUESTRIAN CAMP GATE
Posted on Meetup. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikes-130/events/calendar/?scroll=true
criou
100+

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great build days today and yesterday. Today we rode a few miles of the nearly completed trail.

Building in the morning and riding after lunch will be on the agenda for build/ride days now as there is plenty to ride and it needs to be ridden in and evaluated.

Will be doing another build/ride next Wednesday
Focus of the next trail build day(s) will be the section on the 1100' contour just east of Wheatley Trail on this map: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...4507_0026n.pdf

The meeting/staging area will be on CR 201 just east of the power sub-station where the northern most pipeline corridor (labeled "UTILITY R.O.W" on the map) runs next to CR 201.
criou
100+

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:49 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great build days today and yesterday. Today we rode a few miles of the nearly completed trail.

Building in the morning and riding after lunch will be on the agenda for build/ride days now as there is plenty to ride and it needs to be ridden in and evaluated.

Will be doing another build/ride next Wednesday
Focus of the next trail build day(s) will be the section on the 1100' contour just east of Wheatley Trail on this map: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...4507_0026n.pdf

The meeting/staging area will be on CR 201 just east of the power sub-station where the northern most pipeline corridor (labeled "UTILITY R.O.W" on the map) runs next to CR 201.
criou
100+

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSVP for the 16th here: http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikes-130/events/176531782/
criou
100+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:57 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Progress Reply with quote

Today's build day went great. The trail east of the horse trail is substantially complete with fine tuning needed. We moved on to the last major section of the 10 miles of cut trail that had yet to be cleared of cut brush. It is now substantially clear.

Stump clearing is still needed in the western 5 miles, but it is getting closer and closer to completion with each build day.

I AM TAKING REQUESTS FOR THE NEXT BUILD & RIDE DAY. LET ME KNOW WHAT DAY(S) WORK FOR YOU and I will schedule to meet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Texas Trail Workdays All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: