TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lower back / hip pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:29 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: lower back / hip pain Reply with quote

I recently made a transfer from a dreaded hardtail thats was a lil bit big on me to a full suspension that i feel fights me to a T straight out of the box. Trouble is, even though i "think" i have it fitted to me, I've started having severe lower back, hip soreness. I have a bad lower back as it is and have been known to be imobilized by it severity of pain. Never really had this with the hardtail, even after several hours. Like i stated, i feel its fitted for me in the same aspect the hardtail was. I did have to do sum hardware swapping to get the xl frame to fit me. This large seems so glove like. Anything i might have overlooked? If i need to explain more, please let me know. Crying or Very sad
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:07 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

claym0re:

Check the top tube length of your old HT. Then check the length of the stem; also, measure the lenght from the handle bars to the centerpoint on the saddle of your old HT. Do the same with your new FS mount. Further you will need to check the rise of the handle bars relative to the saddle height. If you have more length in the new rig, and/or a lower placement of the handle bars you have a likely cause and need to switch to a shorter and/or taller stem.

If everything measures up equal, then you have to think of other causes of the discomfort. Now it is also possible that the switch is coincidental to something else going on such as a herniated disc. The pain going into your hips make this a possibility. You may have strained your back with increased riding/training/racing. Hitting more hills and climbs can be source of back pain so look at what you have been riding since the switch to the new bike. There may be some degenerative (wearing down) changes in your vertibra and/or hips that are possible.

Seek a medical evaluation if the pain persist, worsens or has any associated numbness or weakness.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: