TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foot pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:13 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Foot pain Reply with quote

I've been having pain on the top of my right foot, just to the left of my ankle. I didn't wreck to cause the injury. Somedays are better or worse than others. It's lasted since February. There is no pain while I spin, but if I come off the bike hard, it hurts. Good motivation factor to keep on the bike. Sometimes, while I'm walking and step onto an uneven surface, it seizes up on me. The last few weeks, I've been wearing an ankle brace, Nike, just to give me extra support. I'm 28 and the bumps and bruises hurt a little more than they used to. But, my question is, do you think that the pain is muscle or tendon related?
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:07 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

KHPruitt:

Your pain could be tendon related. Tendon pain can ease with gentle exercise and massaging. Muscle pain often gets worse with movement of the muscle and the area you describe the pain in there is not a muscle group but there are plenty of tendons running through the area. Joint pain can also be a source. The pain of an inflamed joint can ofte ease with gentle exersize, but worsens with over loading the joint. As your pain has persisted since February, I recommend you see a Podiatrist for further evaluation.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: