TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knee injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kananaskis
New

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:50 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Knee injury Reply with quote

Hey Doc,
Way back in July, I was stepping from a dock into a kayak and felt something pop in my left knee. After we kayaked a few hours and drove home there was some pain but no real swelling. I iced it and rested for a day or so. We then went on a good 6 mile hike the next day( I had put an ace bandage on it.) Well, it never got really painful. Here we are in November. I can bike, run, walk,etc, with very little pain. My pain comes at night when laying down, usually on my side. It is on the inside, upper part of the knee(Medial Collateral Ligament?). I also do not feel strong when standing from a crouching position. I s this something that is just going to take a while to heal?

Rick
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:10 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

kananaskis:

With the pain persisting this long, and the history of the mechanism of injury, I suspect you did injure a ligament. You should seek an evaluation by an Orthopedic doctor who can better assess the ligaments, their stability and identify the location of the injury and then prescribe appropriate therapy which could range from Physical Therapy, hinged knee brace, or possible arthroscopic surgery. Despite surgeon being in their professional title, many a good orthopedic surgeon will pursue nonsurgical options first.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: