TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Right side Quad muscle pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:22 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Right side Quad muscle pain Reply with quote

Hello Doc,

Early last year I did some damage to my right quad area, just above the knee with weight training. It pretty much kept me off the bike through August of that year.(03)

Up until recently I've had no problems but now I'm starting to have the same problem. The area of my right leg just above the knee feels very sore after rides. I recently did a 100k road ride at a medium pace, never pushing the legs too hard. If this gets any worse, I fear that I might have to stay off the bike for months like last year. I plan to see a Doc after the Flat Creek race. For now, I'm doing limited saddle time with low resistance. The leg feels very much bruised with no swelling or discoloration.

Any ideas?

Randy
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:45 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kidd:

It is possible you may have pulled or even torn the muscle from your weight training injury. If the muscle was torn subtantially, you will have a loss of strenth to the area. I do aggree with your evaluation by a physician. An MRI can be helpful to look at the anatomy and define the injury. Once the type of injury is known, then a rehabilition plan can be outlined. Realize that by your continued racing, you may further aggrivate the injury. Sad (No, your nemesis did not pay me to say that; though, I will accept cash donations from all your competitors! Wink )

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: