TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pulled muscle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishebeast

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:41 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: pulled muscle Reply with quote

Doc,

I fell on my road bike while track standing at a light Embarassed This was a year ago, I really didnt hurt myslef at all so when I started having some pain in my rib to groin area, I was worried it was something else, in the mean time I had gone to France for the Tour road my butt off over there and it was always just a dull ache. Before I left my Dr. gave me some anibiotics because I had a swollen lymph node in my groin, (a little history..I have lymph nodes you can see in my groin just looking, I always have had these from little bitty) I took them all and no change the lymph node went down some but still the pain. My Dr. said I probably just pulled some muscles deep inside but we will run tests just to make sure, she ran every test known to man, and nothing..I went about my business riding both mountain and road bikes and it eventually went away. Well I did it again was WALKING through a water crossing with my bike beside me and fell on top my bike. The symptoms are back, sure as heck cant run pain is managable but what the heck am I in for this forever? I am 45 (tomorrow) 110lbs not in bad shape. I dont get why I keep having these problems..
Any Ideas.
Sorry this is so long.
Linda
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:16 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ishebeast :

Happy birthday first of all.

It is possible that you did pull a muscle or incurred a more serious senarious injury of a ruptured muscle where the part or all of the muscle has torn off of the anchor point of the bone. If that is the case, then you are likely going to have that problem for the rest of your life. If you have not been evaluated by an orthopedic doctor yet, seek a referral from your primary doctor for this. He or she may be able to differentiate the problem with a thorough exam and possibly an additional test or two. A painless (to the body but not the wallet) test that could differentiate from a pulled versus a ruptured muscle would be to have an MRI of your groin and abdominal muscles.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: