TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Numbness after injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:42 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Numbness after injury. Reply with quote

Hi Doc, this is Robin, a friend of gbeardjr. Last year I participated in the Rockyhill race and endod more times than I will openly admit. Give me some credit it was my first race ever.

As I made it past the finish line cactus needles and all, I noticed two huge bumps on my left shin. I figured no big deal I can walk on it so it can't be broken. Well, now after all this time, there are still indentions where that place took its toll on me, and numbness about the size of a tennis ball in the same area. The area is not hot to the touch so I don’t think it's an infection, I just can't feel anything.

Will I ever regain feeling and what happened??
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:39 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amigo de gbeardjr:

The area you describe the injury is were some nerve branches to the skin pass. It is likely the original injury crushed the nerve in this area leading to the numbness that you feel. With it being more than a year since your injury and you are still having numbness to this area, it is not likely you will get feeling back. If you choose to continue mountain and/or road biking, look at getting some knee/shin protectors to shield the insensitive area from further injury. Some may think you look like a geek but you have to live with your shins and knees for the rest of your life not those who think you look geeky. GEEKS UNITE! We may look dorky on the trail but one look at the grin on our faces that shows life is GOOD to GEEKS! I injured my left knee and shin in a bike reck this year and now I won't go out on a bike ride road or off road without my knee and shin protectors (or helmet).

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: