TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waking Heart Rate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:16 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Waking Heart Rate? Reply with quote

I have been recording my waking heart rate for some time now. In the morning before geting up or moving around alot I grab the HR monitor and take my reading - recording it down everyday. In recent weeks I noticed that my waking HR is much higher than when I was doing mostly Base work (mid 40's to high 50's/low 60's) I am not sick and take rest days when my HR is jumping abnormally high. Is this normal for HR to increase with intensity. I always thought that Hr lowers with fitness.

Just some additional information that you should know: I ride 7 days a week, alternate intensity and active recovery workouts, my sleep has been reduced to about 7:00 a night from the 8-9 I was enjoying ealier in my training, I am currently only riding about an hour a day.

Thanks for any information you may have.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:29 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooks:

Your last statement likely points to the problem. You may be over trained and under slept. Give yourself a full rest day off the bike once a week. Look at your schedule and do some trimming to give yourself some more consistent sleep time. Count races days as intense intervals and do only one additional day of intense interverals about a half a week separated from your race days. It is a good idea to allow your rest day to follow race days or on non-race weeks after one of your intense interval days. On the day following your second intense interval day, do only an easy spin day. Convince your brain it is okay to go slow and easy on those days, you don't have to sprint every big hill or do the dash to the city limit signs on those days.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: