TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heart rate has a lot to do with your Size related heart size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:54 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Heart rate has a lot to do with your Size related heart size Reply with quote

Your heart rate has a lot to do with your Size related to your heart size.

Doc please correct anything that I'm off on.

Your heart rate has a lot of factors. Blood is about 45% cells and 55% plasma. -epo users vary

It takes less than a minute for your blood to complete full circle journey. Any blockage in this path will raise your heart rate and pressure to maintain the same flow needed for the current activities oxygen and nutrient requirement. The more you train the more adapted you body becomes this will lower your heart rate, and make you faster.

Muscle tension/ tightening fists around the handle bars /cholesterol.(will raise the rate and pressure to maintain proper flow.

Max heart rate is determined by the size of it compared to your body size, larger hearts pump slower. Rabbits 200 BPM resting. Mouse 300bpm resting. Bears 46 resting 26 sleeping.

My point being you and your buddy are relatively the same size, bones and muscle. Your ages are the same and you train the same most likely your heart rates will be the same.

Now if his is slower he either has a larger heart or better flow i.e. less (muscle tension/ tightening fists around the handle bars /cholesterol)

And lastly sedentary life style verses born to train life style.

SED's average a 10% decrease in max heart rate per 10 years.
Athlete’s average 5%-3% loss per 10 years.

So for us permanent trainer's 220- .5 your age would be a closer assumption.

Hope this helps you get a better understanding on what your max heart rate should be.

I know there's a lot more these are just some that I haven't seen anyone suggest.

Abuse growth hormones your heart will most likely suffer, enlargement and be slower for your age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: