TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

old bruising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:43 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: old bruising Reply with quote

I had a fine crash on my bike several months ago. I don't remember the crash but I had a rather large (about the size of a silver dollar) bruise on my left calf from it.

Fortunately I recovered well but the place where the bruise was still seems to have somewhat of a darker coloration than my normal skin - like it never completely went away. It's not really too noticeable but I can certainly see that it is what it is. This doesn't seem normal to me - is this something that I should concern myself over or not worry about?
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:57 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adv Sheila:

The darkening may be a "tattoo" effect from the absorbed blood and hemaglobin pigment darkening the underlying skin cells that give you the color of you skin (melanocytes). If you abraded the skin it is also possible some of the fine dirt was absorbed by the underlying skin and caused a tattoo. If there is increasing pigmentation changes, then I would be worried there is something else is going on and an evaluation by a dermatologist would be in order.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: