TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad things happened to my bad knee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:00 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Bad things happened to my bad knee Reply with quote

I tore my ACL and did a decent amount of meniscus damage in Jan 2000 failing to clear the last tabletop on a skier-X course (anybody been watching the X-Games? Like that, but sad). I had the menisus repaired in March 2000 and a cadaver tissue replacement of the ACL in April 2000.

That said, during the race last Saturday, I was straddling my bike about to remount and something horrible happened inside said knee. Lot os sharp shooting pain. However, there was no "pop" and it was not being loaded with much if any weight (I was extended my toe I think stepping up, or just walking a little while standing over the bike, did not slip or twist at all).

I rode another 20 or 30 minutes with no discomfort.

Sunday is was fine, and there was no noticable swelling.

Monday it was fine and I ran on a treadmill, which caused a very slight discomfort.

Tuesday it was a little sore. I ran on a treadmill again, including some speed work (3x5min >5k pace). It got increasingly uncomfortable, to the point that half way through I decided to skip my last interval set. After showering, walking back to the car was extremely painful. It hurt enough that sleeping was difficult. I've been icing it all day and it still hurts, although a couple of aleve seem to have it under control. It bears weight fine, and I walk without limping, but it hurts.

Again, no swelling, but there is some bruising a couple ugly scrapes on the anterior portion of my knee, so I am hoping that maybe there is a ton of fluid under my patella and I am just being a wus. I have a sinking feeling, though, that I tore the ACL pulling up, so there was no trama to the meniscus are, thus the lack of swelling and pain, until I ran hard and beat the bejesus out of it.

Thoughts?
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:39 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

stackout:

It does not sound good. Crying or Very sad I am concerned that you may have had some kind of spontaneous rupture of the ACL graft. Get to your Orthopedic doctor muy pronto. An MRI is likely to be ordered to determin the damage. Lay off the strenuous activity until you are cleared by your Ortho Docs. (I couldn't resist Wink )

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: