TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Permanent Muscle Indentation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:51 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Permanent Muscle Indentation Reply with quote

Last summer I participated in the Urban Assault Race. I was truly assaulted in the human wheelbarrow stunt. I was the wheelbarrow holding onto metal handles that extended out of the hub of the bmx wheel. Long story short, we got going too fast, I gave-out, the handle of the wheel rammed into the font of my thigh and my partner fell completely on top of me. The impact almost made me throw-up it hurt so bad. It swelled and bled internally immediately about 7 inches above my knee. The next day the hematoma was about the size of a dinner plate. It took weeks/months to disappear. I still have an indentation the size of a credit card in my thigh. It is visible when relaxed and when tightened. Luckily it's where the two thigh muscles cross over so it's not super apparent. But, it's really gross when you touch it. Was this muscle torn? Will it ever fill out? What did I actually do to the muscle itself?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:53 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang it, I forgot my password...this is my thread...

thanks, dirtface
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:36 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirtface:

It is likely you will have that divot the rest of your life. It is either due to a muscle that got torn and scarred down or muscle that was destroyed by the impact and healed scarred over. Hopefully, the remaining muscle has addapted.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:33 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, maybe I can balance golfballs in it.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:33 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Thanks, maybe I can balance golfballs in it.

Only you DF, only you. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: