TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mud in my eye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:31 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Mud in my eye Reply with quote

I got a lot of mud in my eyes during the race but just kept blinking till I was finished. and rinsed them with water once it was over.

My eye around where the pupil and the white come together has been bothering me since the race. There is no redness. Just every time I blink I can feel my eye lid go over my pupil in that one spot. This spot did hurt the night of the race. I've looked under the eyelid and carefully at the pupil. No sand that I can see. you can't feel anything.

Just wondering if you have any opinion's on this. Probably minutely lacerated the pupil, with my blinking faster technique for getting the mud out.

I've been coughing up Mud since Sunday.
Should I be worried?

I've been caughing up Mud since Sunday.
Should I be worried.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:48 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eye doctor would skin me alive if I had discomfort like you are describing and didn't give him a call.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:57 am GMT +0000    Post subject: THE COUGHING UP MUD PART. IS JUST A JOKE. Reply with quote

THE COUGHING UP MUD PART. IS JUST A JOKE.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:58 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Cabezza:

You likely have a coroneal abrasion, a scratch to the clear covering of the eye (the cornea). See your doctor. Usual therapy is antibiotic ointment applied to the inside of the lower eyelid for 5-7 days and occassionally patching the eye closed for 24 - 48 hours.

I suspect your last comment was in humor Wink but just in case you are still coughing up mud, talk to your doctor about that to.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:13 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to cut my hair once by looking in the mirror. As soon as I sliced the bangs over my eyes I jumped with pain. I got a wad of hair in my eye. But after I kept rinsing it kept hurting and it was blurry. I went (that minute) to the doctor. In addition to the hair in my eye I had actually scratched the crap out of my eye with the SCISSORS. I didn't even know it. Fortunately with medication the scratch healed. I could have blinded myself.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:58 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Doc and all.

I've actually done something similar to my eye but it was a metal fragment, no bigger than a grain of sand, had halfway penetrated the clear part of my eye dead center. Thank God there's no nerves in this part, or atleast I wouldn't have know it was there. If it wasn't for the unusual twinkle in that eye that made me notice it.

I was working as a plant operator and we were grinding and welding tha day, so who knows.

I got it out.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:47 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it took about 2 weeks to heal, just in time for the Mas o Menos race.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: