TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shoulder joint pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:00 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: shoulder joint pain Reply with quote

I had a bad crash last month...went over the handler bar, and landed on my left shoulder. Ever since, I have a slight pain in my shoulder joint (upper arm and shoulder joint). The pain persists only when I lift my arm (raise to eye level). Any other movement causes no pain.
What's wrong with my shoulder?

I don't have health insurance.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:31 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeniac:

You may have incurred a shoulder AC (acromio-clavicular) separation. This typically occurs when a direct blow such as when you fell and landed on the shoulder causes the collar bone (clavicle) to separate from the top of the shoulder (the acromiun process). Treatment is initial rest then progressive range of motion. For severe separations, surgery is requried. Without an X-ray it is hard to say whether you have a severe separation. Clinically, you can get an idea by how big a gap is formed from the top of the humorus (the upper arm bone) to the acromio-clavicular junction. If you can feel the gap big enought to insert your finger in, you have significant separation and may require orthopedic intervention.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: