TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrist Pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:21 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Wrist Pain Reply with quote

Hi Doc,

A couple of weeks ago, I took a spill and apparently put my hand out to break the fall. Since then, I have had pain in my wrist on the top side where my hand meets my wrist directly down from my pinky finger. I have full motion in my hand but I have pain if I push my hand all the way up or down. I also have pain if I press on the area right above the ball on my wrist bone. There is no swelling and the pain level is about the level of a bad sprain. What concerns me is that after two weeks, it does not seem to have gotten any better. I don't think I fractured anything but am wondering if maybe I have torn something and what I should do about it other than wearing a neoprene brace like I've been doing.

Thanks,

Terry
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:05 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry:

With the pain persisting two weeks out a fracture is very possible. You may also have severely torn a ligament. Do get an evaluation by an orthopedic doctor immediately. Possible wrist fractures should not be taken lightly.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: