TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

back/ side pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-dustin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:19 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: back/ side pain Reply with quote

ok, here goes:

pain is in the sort-of mid-back area, right side, near the end of my ribcage.

it starts out tolerable, and gradually gets worse, until i eat something. started yesterday, around noon and went away after eating dinner. flared up again this morning, and went away after a bagel. never experienced this before.

no poo or pee problems. nothing out of the ordinary, except this pain. actually, i've been exceptionally thirsty these past few days, and have been downing a lot of water.

only thing i could come up with was kidney stones, but symptoms don't seem consistent with them. i don't really know what else to check.

i was also thinking it might be some weird side-stitch anomaly...?
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:47 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustin:

It's time to get thee to a doctor. Your symptoms could be do to problems in your stomach, your bowels, less likely in your muscles or bones. Getting relief after eating is strongly suggestive of stomach as the source. Get a medical evaluation to root out the cause and get appropriate treatment.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: