TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two broken sesamoids in right foot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:35 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Two broken sesamoids in right foot Reply with quote

I'm obviously off my bike for a while, but I'm trying to figure out what I can do to not totally loose the fitness level I've worked so hard to build.

I'm weight training (upper body), and I tried rowing with one foot tonight for cardio, but even propping the broken foot up at this point just hurts too much for that.

Any advice?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:29 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi, swim, and then swim some more

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:15 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

No water.....
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:00 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you do not have water available, my first recommendation of swimming, which arbitratoral astutely recommended, is not an option. Look at doing some leg curls flexing your knee to no more than 90 degrees while laying on your back and on your abdomen with low weights and high reps 3 times a week to keep your thigh muscles conditioned. The calve of your affected leg will be limited due to the fractures in the foot. It takes 6-8 weeks for fractures to heal so look at this a long recovery period and an an opportunity to work on building up your upper extremity strength. Once you are healed up you can then build back up your lower leg muscle conditioning.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: