TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Training Window" for a race/event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBaron
100+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:23 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: "Training Window" for a race/event Reply with quote

This topic was discussed on a ride yesterday and I wanted to get some feedback from someone with some training on the topic (pun intended) Smile

If I have a race or event coming up that I want to perform well at, how close to the race can I still positively effect my "race fitness"? {I know that I could do all kinds things to effect fitness in a negative manner up to the day of the race} Specifically, if I'm building fitness/endurance/top-end, at what point will I be too close to the event date to continue building?

It's been my feeling that the last real positive training effects will be realized around 2 weeks out.

Thanks in advance,
CBaron
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:55 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: fishing Reply with quote

didn't like my answer Seabaron!!? Smile
CBaron
100+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:02 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Re: fishing Reply with quote

mtn-rdBKr wrote:
didn't like my answer Seabaron!!? Smile

Can you please provide me with a copy of your Ph.D, MD, or MBA?
primeke
100+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:46 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know from my coach that at the very least proper carb loading can increase your performance the day before.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:11 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Baron:

It is best to back off on your intensity the week before your target race. The reality of every other weekend racing is that the racing becomes your training with a rest day after the race, then an easy day, then an intense day followed by an easy day then another intense day. This will fill out your schedule one week before a race. You may even have to add an additional rest/recovery day after a racing weekend to allow your muscles addequate time to heal and build. During the week before a race work on building long low intensity miles for endurance and keep up the hydration and eating a well ballanced diet throughout.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: