TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Message for Doc Nolan !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digimon
100+

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:47 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Message for Doc Nolan ! Reply with quote

Howdy !
First, it was great to see you and to visit BCR-Warda again this weekend. It's been awhile .... I had a great time and true to reputation, even though my scheduled departure time was 12-noon on Sunday, couldn't bring myself to close up the pop-up and head for home until the very last possible minute (dark-thirty on Sunday evening- not measured by whether or not I was under the wire for staying out of trouble at home - I missed that marker by a long shot!).

You asked about the elbow tendinitis (spelling?) ... I didn't really answer your question. Here's the real scoop - after gettin' edjucated and understanding what was going on (age/condition/strain/stress/use-wise, technically speaking ...), combined with paying attention to what activities were really aggravating it (2 specific/primary things: road biking - a handle-bar clenching thing I was doing - and this one heavy slider-zoom camera lens that I use frequently to cover most day-time sports), I was able to get it under control. Now, I 'listen' to my elbow - when it starts to complain, I pay attention and back off of whatever it's complaining about. Though it took awhile, it eventually calmed down to where it seldom bothers me anymore. I really, really do not like this 'aging' thing ... Your original advice was very helpful in coming to an understanding of what was going on, what was involved, and what I needed to be doing, and today, things are going well.

On another topic, I have a few pics of Sarah from Mule Trace to send to you. Her BIB number was 952, right? I'm about 2/3's of the way through my posting and while waiting for the hi-res digital files, you can see them at http://www.mtbpics.com. If there's anything else you like on the site, let me know and I'll send it with Sarah's pics. I'll see if I can figure out how to PM you with the link to download everything. If you don't hear from me shortly, send me an email addr to which I can send a download link. My email is jsilj1@bowiephotos.com.

- js
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:06 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

JS:

Thank you so much for the update. It was a blast getting back to Warda and watching the races and all the excitement. I had the same problem leaving Warda; I did not get out until Noon on Monday and had to drive two 12 legs to get back to Ohio. Temperatures dropped 5 degrees for every hundred miles north I went. Cold and rainy back here in Ohio.

Sarah's bib number was 952. We would love copies of the pictures, just email the ranch at bcrwarda at cvtv dot net with the link for them.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: