TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Asthma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:38 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Asthma Reply with quote

Hey Doc,

I enjoyed getting to visit with you yesterday about the asthma thing. I will let you know what the pulmonologist tells me on Wednesday.

On another note, thanks for opening up your ranch for us to play on. Damon, Damon and Amanda are great and I really enjoyed doing some Pay Dirt at the ranch the weekend before the race, they even cooked lunch for me at 2:00 when I came off of the trail from working.

Look forward to seeing you again when you get back to Texas.

David
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:09 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

David:

Thank you for the feed back. We had a great time getting back to the homestead.

Thanks,
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:32 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!

I just came from the Pulmonologist's office and here is what he said after running many tests. 1. I definitely have asthma 2. I have EIB 3. He said from the breathing tests there may be an obstruction in my airway that is not allowing me to breath in or breath out at the appropriate rate 4. He also wants to run a sleep test to check for sleep apnea which I have been diagnosed with in the past and had a UPP and turbonectomy, he said that asthma and apnea feed off of each other. They also did a CT Scan and while doing that they noticed a lot of spots on my lungs so to check for the obstruction and to check on the spots they are going to run a camera down my throat to more closely check things out.

In the mean time he has me taking singulair, advair, spiriva and albuterol. All of this seems to be helping for now so when I know more after the next batch of tests I'll let you know.

Does all of this sound like a normal course of action? I can tell you that I have never been able to take large breaths so maybe this is what I have been needing. Too bad I am only now finding this out at 56, but better late than never and I owe it all to mountain biking and my desire to be better at it.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:00 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

David:

You are on appropriate medications for asthma. The procedure to look in your lungs is called a bronchoscopy. It is done when there are abnormalities found on CAT scans of the chest to look for the cause of the abnormalities. Further recommnedations from your pulmonologist will be based on the findings from the bronchoscopy and test performed on specimens collected during the bronchoscopy. I am delighted to hear you are doing much better. Keep on pedalling!

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: