TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bike Doc Returneth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:30 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Bike Doc Returneth Reply with quote

Okay, I shall make the announcement official now. I am returning to Texas after my three year sabbatical in Ohio where I pursued a fellowship in Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine (Lung Doc for infants to young adults). I have accepted a position at my Alma Mater, Texas Tech University Health Science Center Amarillo, where I will be an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics as a Pediatric Pulmonologist starting July 3, 2006. I have special interest in managing asthma, vocal cord dysfunction and exercise related respiratory problems as well managing many of the chronic respiratory diseases of infancy and childhood. If you live in the Panhandle and know of someone in need of a Pediatric Pulmonologist, contact Texas Tech Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, 806 354-5600 to make an appointment to see me.

God willing, I hope to help bring TMBRA racing into the Panhandle. There are some excellent trails and great supporters of mountain bike racing in the Panhandle. Look for me in Palo Duro Canyon; I’ll be the bearded, bespectacled, knee length support hose wearing with a cheese eating grin mountain biker on a K2 4000 red and white with disc brakes.

Texas her I come! TMT 31 Days (T-minus to Texas)

YEEHAAW!!! Very Happy
the toninator
250+

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:00 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo!!!
welcome back doc!
racer99
100+

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:07 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Doc.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:07 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - let us know when you get settled in and have a weekend - maybe we can come visit y'all for a weekend of PDC. I haven't been up there in at least 5 or 6 years.

Welcome back,

-Kyl
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:47 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Huff N Puff wrote:
Hey - let us know when you get settled in and have a weekend - maybe we can come visit y'all for a weekend of PDC. I haven't been up there in at least 5 or 6 years.

Welcome back,

-Kyl

Kyl:

Once we get settled in, I let you know. PDC is a phenominal place to ride. I usually was out there once a week when I lived in Amarillo from 2001 to 2003.

Thanks,
CR66

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:42 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish you 'd be in San Antonio...the allergy capital of the World. Sad
Tobin Behling
TMBRA Board Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:17 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Re: Bike Doc Returneth Reply with quote

The Bike Doc wrote:
God willing, I hope to help bring TMBRA racing into the Panhandle. There are some excellent trails and great supporters of mountain bike racing in the Panhandle.

Jennifer and I went to the Old Tascosa (road event) last summer. She was officiating and I was racing.

Anyway, it was the best road race I have ever been to and probably the best cycling event I have ever been to. They certainly have the passion and capability to promote a high quality event.
Racer-ette
250+

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:27 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc, Susan and kiddos - Glad to have you back in the Lone Star State where you belong!

A woman and her bike,
It's a beautiful thing.

Caution: Slow Expert... uh Cat 1 Ahead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: