TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avoiding inner thigh/groin strains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:33 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Avoiding inner thigh/groin strains Reply with quote

I want to avoid inner thigh/groin strains but still sprint like crazy on the bike and on my feet.

Most excercize is in saddle aerobic base building (road), but after 30 miles or so I'll sprint a bit for sanity's sake. Hence strained inner thigh.

This has happened twice this year. Left leg while running (likely a pull) and right leg while sprinting out of the saddle (a strain). I would prefer that this never happen again (it never happened before... mid forties).

Is there a core strength problem? I think I am OK on stretching, but I'll do more if need be.
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:07 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed:

Get the excellent book "Stretching" by Bob Anderson. It is very helpful in showing you the propper way to stretch and warm up. Do exercise specific drills to help strengthen your muscles used for sprinting. Doing intervals of riding intensely going up a long gradual hill shifting up a gear or two and hammering for 30 seconds then resting for 30 seconds with an easy spin, then repeating 5-6 cycles of this then resting for 5-10 minutes and repeating doing 2-3 rounds of this a couple of times a week may help. Also spending time in a gym doing leg strengthening exercises may also be of benefit.

Thanks,
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:28 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Placed order for book today. Will apply the stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: