TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My dog is on glucosomine, why aren't I?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:08 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: My dog is on glucosomine, why aren't I? Reply with quote

So it occured to me tonight as I patiently crushed a glucosomine pill into my dog's food that maybe, since most of my knee cartilege scoped out, and an ACL replacement (cadaver allograph) BEFORE I started running and biking, that maybe I should be on something too. Thoughts?
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:07 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

stackout:

Glucosamine may help your knee cartiledge. Some studies have show to have the same pain reduction as taking non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drugs (NSAIDs). You do have to be cautious if you have shell fish or sulfa allergy as it can trigger an allergic reaction. If you have astham it may trigger an asthma attack. Dosage is recommended at 500 mg three times a day for osteoarthritis (wear and tear arthritis).

Chondroitin sulfate is another suppliment that may help reduce arthritis pain. It has similar precautions with the additional precaution if you have a beef allergy it should be avoided as it is derived from cattle cartiledge. Dosage is 200-300 mg two to thee times a day.

It can take up to 8-12 weeks of daily therapy before you notice any difference. If you choose to use these buy only from reputable pharmacies and avoid products that have additional ingredients including manganese.

Discuss these treatment options with your doctor.

Thanks,
CR66

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:02 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Re: My dog is on glucosomine, why aren't I? Reply with quote

stackout wrote:
So it occured to me tonight as I patiently crushed a glucosomine pill into my dog's food that maybe, since most of my knee cartilege scoped out, and an ACL replacement (cadaver allograph) BEFORE I started running and biking, that maybe I should be on something too. Thoughts?

If you don't want to crush the pills for your dog, maybe you want to give these a try:
http://springtimeinc.com/product/94/2#

Your dog will eat it like a treat; no need for crushing, and the buy 2 get on free PLUS 15% off internet offer makes it a really good deal. Only one of our dogs needs the supplement, but since the pills must taste pretty good; all three of them want them when our little one gets his "treat."

Oh, they do make people products as well Very Happy
http://springtimeinc.com/product/47/3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: