TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a way to build muscle faster? Without steriods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:45 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Is there a way to build muscle faster? Without steriods Reply with quote

Hey,

I guess this is a dumb question, but do you know of any ways to recover faster and increasing the amount of muscle gained? Without steriods!

I have heard that a combo of magnesium, b6, and b12 helps... True or false?

Thanks,
\\\chris///
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:17 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris:

When I did a PubMed search I found no published data in peer reviewed medical and physiology journals showing efficacy of B6, B12 and/or magnesium to excellerate muscle building.

My recommendations, eat a well ballanced diet and take a good quality multivitamin (such as Centrum) once a day with a meal. The best, honest way to build muscle is progressive resistance weight training. Be cautious of any manufacturers claim of a substance helping build muscles without good evidence published in peer reviewed medical and physiology journals. Remember up to 30% of "nutritioinal" suppliments have adultated substances that are not listed in the ingredients. These substances include illegal anabolic steroids. There have been professional athletes who have been burned and had their carriers ruined by having positive drug tests due to nutrional suppliments they were taking.

Thanks,
cxgeezer
New

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:29 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shortcuts" to getting faster make Dave Boyd cry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: