TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey DOC!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the toninator
250+

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:16 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Hey DOC! Reply with quote

How's tricks?
Adjusted to the new environment?
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:10 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toninator:

BUMMER! I have ridden very little since I arrived in Columbus. The combination of a monsoon summer of record rainfall keeping the trails muddier than the muddiest race at Warda and the hours I have had to keep on some of my rotations, have kept my mountain bike languishing in the garage. The one trail I have gotten to ride was great fun. It was much like Warda but with steeper hills and some trials style riding options thrown in such as 2 x 6 ramps over 3ft+ diameter downded trees, teater boards and some 2-3 ft. drop offs.

All my riding has not been bleak though; I have gotten back to another form of riding that I love and have missed greatly, horse back riding! We bought a little 5 acre farm that is near the West Fork of Licking River and my daughter and I have been riding along the river area on weekends.

The wife and kids have joined me now (I was up here by myself for the the first 2 1/2 months). My first month and a half I lived in a camp ground while I waited to close on the house we purchased. That 6 weeks was the wettest one on record for central Ohio. My camping gear has just about dried out now! So if one of my boys says "Dad do you want to go camping?" I will have to bite the bullet and say with gritted teeth and a sacrine smile, "Sure, I'd love to go camping!"

Thanks,
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:16 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Ohio ... now its time for the blizzards Smile

One thing though, if you ever get the chance to see a game at the Horseshoe please please PLEASE don't mention it here! Only tickets I was ever able to get I wasn't able to fly back to Ohio that weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: