TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas for low back pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:37 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Ideas for low back pain Reply with quote

I wanted to share some things that have worked for me to get me back to racing mtn. bikes. I have been dealing with a degenerated and slightly hearneated L-5 for about 10 years. In August I was unable to even ride offroad for 5 miles. Before that I have had chiropractic, physical therapy,spinal decompression, steriod injection and acupuncture. The chiropractic decompression and injections helped but I always ended up back at square one.
Here is what I have done. In September my chiropractor refered me to a trauma massage therapist. It is extremely deep work and you might need a little pain tolerance for the first couple of visits. Afer that it is actually enjoyable. After two visits my stiffness stoped on the road bike. If you are close to South Ft. Worth call Chuck Sharp at 817-980-6284. If not look for trauma massage not deep tissue as they are different.
Unfortunatly I was still unable to mountain bike. Active Spine and Sport in Ft. Worth was taking applicants for a case study in January. They accepted me. Once evaluated they had me change some of my hamstring stretches an add 6 sets of 10 cobra poses a day. I did this for 3 weeks and got back on the mtn. bike. I rode 2 hours the first time with out any stiffness. Since the I have ridden several times and felt great. At Bar-H I was just a little stiff. At Waco I felt nothing at all.
The last thing I have changed is I am riding a Full suspension 29er. I was unable to even ride my 6 inch travel bike. The difference between my Spider 29er and the Yeti 575 is amazing as far as the smoothness is concerned. So I am sure this is a contributing factor as well.
I hope this is able to help others with any simular problems. If you would like any additional information e- mail me at fwlc2@sbcglobal.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: