TMBRA - Rider Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

butt pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scalpelwins
100+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:17 am GMT +0000    Post subject: butt pain Reply with quote

hey doc;

i seem to have a sharp pain in my left butt check that wont go away.....some days it hurts more than other days...
it doesnt hurt when i ride my bike unless i get out of the saddle to climb...it does bother me most of the time when i walk...i do have a herniated disc but im not having any pain in the lower back area at this time....

any thoughts....

thanks again for all your help in mt biking..
The Bike Doc
250+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:40 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

scalpelwins:

The possible causes of the pain include left hip joint inflamation such as synovitis (inflamation in the fluid about the joint) arthritis (inflamation of the cartiledge of the joint), there could also be fasciitis (inflamation to the fibrous layer over the muscles). Treatment for these may involve resting and anti-inflammatory medications. Fascitis may also benefit from Physical Therapy and stretching exercises. Visit with your physician for an evaluation to see if the source of the pain can be identified or possibly to get a referral to a Sports Medicine Physician for further evaluation.

Thanks,
scalpelwins
100+

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:42 am GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks doc...ur the best
KEVIN48
New

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:49 pm GMT +0000    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'll give my 2 cents. My pain started in the left butt area.I did not rest mine and was training about 13 hrs 220 miles a week. Since it did not hurt on the bike I kept trainng. It got worse and started going down the leg with most of the pain in the butt. I went to chiroprator/physical therapy and 80% of my leg went numb. Basically if you hurt, REST yourself before you have to have surgery Like I did. Doc hit it right on. I'm just saying rest is the most important at this time.
Kevin
________
Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR specifications
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TMBRA - Rider Board Forum Index -> Ask the Bike Doc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: