JANUARY 28, 2023
Think you got the legs for this one? Endurance is the name of the game as participants compete to finish three 17-mile laps at Flat Rock Ranch for some sweet singletrack goodness. Bring your climbing legs, because there will be a lot of it! If that seems like too much, we also have 2-lap and 1-lap categories as well. The STORM Miles of DisComfort MTB Marathon is the final race of the 2022/23 Hill Country Bicycle Works Texas Marathon Mountain Bike State Championship Series.
- Pre-Register Online PENDING (Pre-Registration closes at 6:00pm on Thursday, Jan 26, 2023 CST)
- Late/On-site Registration – Online Registration after 6:00pm on Thursday, Jan 26, 2023 and through 8:30am on Saturday, Jan 28, 2023 ($10 late fee will be added to registration fees)
- Race Flyer – (view below and on BikeReg link above)
- Sign Up to Volunteer PENDING
Race Photos – TBA
Race Map & GPX Files
Download GPX file: 2023_STORM_MOD_Marathon_Course_GPX.zip
Sponsoring the 2023 STORM Miles of DisComfort MTB Marathon is a great way to market your business to an audience of mountain bike enthusiasts locally in San Antonio and across Texas, as well as the rest of the USAC South Central Region (Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma).
Sponsors underwrite the costs of timing and scoring, awards, schwag raffle items, EMS services, USAC race officials, supplies, and more. STORM always strives to host a high quality racing event and cannot do so without the support of community partners! If you want to be a sponsor, please contact email@example.com for more information!
RACE FLYER INFO
2023 STORM Miles of DisComfort MTB Marathon
Final Race of the 2022/23 Hill Country Bicycle Works
Texas Marathon Mountain Bike State Championship Series
Flat Rock Ranch – Comfort, Texas
Saturday – January 28, 2023
Held under USA Cycling permit 2023-6538
**** COVID-19 PRECAUTION PROTOCOLS WILL BE IN EFFECT (SEE BELOW) ****
Helmets required at all times while you are on your bicycle
Jeff Jordan firstname.lastname@example.org 830-321-0212 (text or call)
SATURDAY JANUARY 28
- 7:30 AM . . . . . . . . . . . . Number Plate Pick-up & Late Online Registration (late online registration ends at 8:30 AM)
- 9:00 AM . . . . . . . . . . . . Race Start
- TBA . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Awards for each group
- Full Marathon (3 laps) . . . . . . . . 51 miles
- 2/3 Marathon (2 laps) . . . . . . . . 34 miles
- 1/3 Marathon (1 lap) . . . . . . . . . . 17 miles
- All Groups – Awards for top 3 finishers
- Full Marathon – Cash Payout for overall top 10 men & top 5 women. Equal payout for top 5 men and women.
REGISTRATION & GROUPS OFFERED
- See Online Registration – https://www.bikereg.com/2023discomfort
- $70 for full marathon distance. $60 for 2/3 marathon distance. $50 for 1/3 marathon distance.
- Online Pre-registration closes on Thursday, January 26 at 6:00 PM CST.
- Online Late Registration after 6:00pm on Friday, January 26, and through 8:30am on Saturday, January 28 is here: TBD
- Add $10 for late/onsite registration. Payment methods on-site may be limited. Cash is always best.
- This event is USA Cycling sanctioned and those race rules apply. This event is also the final race in the 2022/23 Hill Country Bicycle Works Texas Mountain Bike Marathon State Championship Series and TMBRA Marathon Series rules apply.
- Participants MUST provide proof of a valid 2023 USA Cycling Annual license OR purchase a one-day license during registration for $10. Full Marathon racers categorized in the USA Cycling Endurance discipline as “Pro” must race the Open group. Cutoff times will be announced at the race start and are based on course conditions.
CAMPING, LODGING, & VENUE INFO
Tent, car, hammock, sleeping bag, etc. camping as well as RV spots are available at the race venue; Flat Rock Ranch. There are also hotel, Airbnb, and cabin options in the area.
- Please visit Flat Rock Ranch Website at www.flatrockranchtx.com
- NO DOGS ALLOWED at Flat Rock Ranch
ALL persons (racer and non-racers) entering the ranch must sign a Flat Rock Ranch waiver. Please go to: https://www.flatrockranchtx.com/ , select “Sign Waiver” in lower right hand corner, and complete the online waiver prior to race weekend.
For RV reservations the above fees will apply as well as the RV reservation fee. You will call the ranch at the numbers below to make the RV reservations.
RANCH RULES TO NOTE:
NO dogs allowed
Helmets required at all times on bike
Please review all Flat Rock Ranch rules at: https://www.flatrockranchtx.com/rules and call them with any questions.
210-213-3006 (Jimmy’s cell)
Helmets required at all times while you are on your bicycle (Ranch Rule as well as USAC rule)
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
The 5 Commitments to Containment:
1) Wash hands
2) Wear face coverings in public
3) Stay 6 feet away from others
4) Stay at home if sick
5) Get tested if you show symptoms
A COVID-19 waiver that identifies the participant as meeting all participatory requirements with regards to symptoms and proximity to possibly infected persons. To be available for agreement online.
Self-Screen before going to an outdoor event for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
We instruct anyone who answers yes to any of these to stay home.