We kick off the Trek TX Texas Cup on Labor Day weekend! Here are the details for our first race at Lyndsey Park.
Here are the details:
Welcome to race registration for the 2023 Rose City Cross-Country MTB race p/b Simpson’s Fitness & Adventure Sports. The event is the opening round of the Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association (TMBRA) Fall series the Texas Cup Mountain Bike Race Series presented by Trek Texas. The third annual event will return to Lyndsey Park (12557 TX-364 Spur, Tyler, TX 75709), the venue for the inaugural Tyler fall event, on the eastern edge of Tyler (note: this event be held at Tyler State Park or Faulkner Park where the 2022 race was held).
The trail system at Tyler’s multi-use Lindsey Park has approximately 15 miles of trails designed and mainted by the Tyler Bicycle Club. The race will utlize portions of Loops A and C for total lap distance of approximately 6.5 miles and 350+ feet of elevation gain. Don’t be fooled by the numbers as the track rides fast and is a ton of fun! The multi-lap race format is designed to be spectator friendly and provide a unique and challenging race experience for participants.
Due to the event being held within a city park there are no formal tent camping or RV hookups available. However, Tyler has several housing options (RV, camping and hotels) near the trails and many unique, local restaurants and watering holes where you and your team can share battle stories.
Registration is ONLINE ONLY! This registration platform is available via web browser or mobile device through 11:30AM Sunday, Sept. 3rd. There will be absolutely NO in-person dictation or handwritten release/registration forms available at the race venue.
- Near final (as of Fri., Sept. 1st) detailed race schedule will be available online: tmbra.link/racestarts
- Onsite number plate pickup: Sunday *only*, Sept. 3rd, starting at 7:00 AM.
- TMBRA Kids’ Kup Clinic and Race will be held SATURDAY, Sept. 2nd (time TBD).
Race Entry Fees:
Tiered registration pricing will be used based on the below fee schedule. Registration fees for racers age 13+ include a daily $5 park use fee. All entry fees are subject to an additional credit card processing fee.
- XC Juniors 12 and under : $20 **
- XC Juniors 13 – 18 : $35 **
- XC Adults 19+ :
- Standard: $50
- Late: $60 (Mon., Aug. 28th at midnight until Sat., Sept. 2nd at 7:59PM)
- Last Minute: $75 (Sat. Sept. 2nd 8:01P until close of registration)
** last minute junior registrations, after Sat. Sept. 2nd 8:01P and until close of registration, will incur an additional $10 last minute fee
Race Wave Start Times & Distance:
- 8:15 AM : Juniors 11-12 & Juniors 10U (1 lap, 3.5 – 5miles)
- 9:00 AM : Cat 2 and Singlespeed 2/3 racers (3 laps, 18 miles)
- 9:45 AM : Juniors 11-12 & Juniors 10U race podium
- 10:30 AM : M/W Pro/Elite, M/W Master Open, Cat 1 and Singlespeed Open (4 laps, 24 miles -or- 3 laps, 18 miles)
- 11:15 AM : Cat 2 and Singlespeed 2/3 awards podium
- 12:00 PM : Juniors 13-14 & Cat 3 racers (2 laps, 12 miles)
- 12:45 PM : M/W Pro/Elite, M/W Master Open, Cat 1 and Singlespeed Open podium
- 1:00 PM : E-Bike M/W (class 1 only) (2 laps, 12 miles)
- 1:30 PM : Juniors 13-14 and Cat 3 podium
- 2:00 PM : E-Bike podium