It’s time to get racing again, and this new venue near Dale, TX is purpose built for speed!
Mellow Johnny’s Bike Shop and Texas AC and Heating are the title sponsors for this event!
Come out and race on the 8.5 miles of 99% rock-free, fast, flowy single track trail including almost two miles of machine-built flow-trail with some berms big enough they almost count as wall-rides. The whole trail was designed with going fast in mind with sweeping corners, climbs mindfully spaced apart to allow for recovery in between them, and plenty of room to pass. The trails have multiple spectator locations around the course. You will almost always have an audience!
- 10am trails open for pre-riding and anyone camping can get set-up.
- 8am to 11am Packet Pickup
- Trails open for pre ride
- Woom Bike Demo for the kids
- 2pm Kid’s Kup (separate course from the race loop) with awards to follow.
- 3 pm First Time Racer’s Clinic held by TMBRA.
SUNDAY 9/17/2023 – RACE DAY!
- 7:00am to 1pm Packet Pickup
- 9:00am All CAT 1, Pro/Open, Single Speed Open
- 11:00am All CAT 2 and Single Speed 2/3
- 12:30pm All Cat 3 and 14&under
- 1:00pm All E-bike Open – exposition only – class 1 pedal assist only
TMBRA rules will apply for award-types, award-schedules, and award amounts. UCI/USAC/TMBRA rules for contesting results, cheating, cutting the course, poor sportsmanship etc. all apply as well.
CAMPING $20 per tent/vehicle per night: You can primitive camp in designated areas from 10am Friday September 15th through 6pm Sunday September 17th (race day). Generators are allowed. See the list of Ranch Rules at the bottom of the notes. Failure to adhere to these rules may result in expulsion from the property with no refunds for the camping or registration fees.
VOLUNTEERS!: Your help will be needed on race-day and rewarded with food and beverages at the very least. Register here as well. You can also camp for free, get preferred parking, and probably will score some extra benefits.
PRE-RIDE/PRACTICE DAYS: The trail is on private land, the race route is already marked and is available for pre-ride on the following dates and times (Pay dirt is available also). The trail is one-directional so your risk of on-coming traffic is low, but expect there to be runners, OneWheels, non-racer mountain bikers, e-bikes, and the like, so ride in your limits.
- May 13th 10am to 6pm (paydirt and riding. Final weekend for paydirt)
- May 27th, 28th 10am to 6pm
- Closed in June for a summer race series (more info later if you want to sign up)
- July 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th 10am to 6pm
- August 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th 10am to 6pm
- September 9th, 10th 10am to 6pm
- September 15th, 16th open all day each day with restrooms on site.
- September 17 – RACE DAY!
These pre-ride dates are subject to cancellation due to weather, the venue being booked for a private event (they also do weddings and receptions), or if a host/key-holder is not available for some reason. Check the events section of https://www.facebook.com/EnduraRaceLLC to make sure its all good before you drive out to the trail.
FACILITIES: On non-race weekends, there will be only one public restroom available (as long as it has been finished in time – it’s currently under construction), but there are multiple gas-station options on the way in. On non-race weekends, plan to bring your own water.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The race will be held rain or shine barring a dangerous severe weather scenario at which point, the race director may push start times back to later in the day, or as a last resort, cancel the event. In the event of a cancellation, the race is insured through BikeReg for such a calamity, but you may wish to purchase your own personal BikeReg insurance in the instance you want to opt out of the race (you get sick, you don’t like mud if it’s muddy, your dog ate your bike shoes, etc.)
FORREST CREEK RANCH RULES: Failure to adhere to these rules may result in your expulsion from the property for the entire race weekend with zero refunds of any kind.
- Always ride with a helmet. If a bicycle is between your legs, a helmet better be on your head!
- Do not harass, interfere with, or otherwise bother the wildlife and exotic animals.
- Absolutely no pets/animals allowed. ADA certified service animals are the sole exception and must always be leashed and under their owner’s control at all times. All other animals need to be left at home/boarded. The property owner has several free-range species of exotic herbivores who are wild-captures and are not domesticated. Fido and/or Fifi’s presence would cause these delicate animals undo stress and could create a dangerous situation for them and/or your pet.
- No glass containers.
- No public consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- No fires apart from propane grills.
- No smoking/toking at any time on ranch property (but joking is certainly allowed).
- No modifying any trail, feature, trail routing, or trail marking unless at the direction of the Race Director.
- If you pack it in, please pack it out.